We’ve shared a few dog treat recipes with you in the past, now it is time for the cats. Spoil your kitty with these simple three-ingredient cat treats. The end results in a crunchy outside that promotes good preventive dental care, and a chewy inside that means your cat will be nibbling these before you can make them!
- 10 oz canned salmon (undrained)
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- An oven
- A food processor
- Measuring cups
- Your hands
- A rolling pin
- Cookie cutters in the shape of your choice
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper (not wax paper)
- Heat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Pulse 10 oz canned salmon (undrained) in a food processor and chop as finely as possible.
- Combine salmon, 1 egg (beaten) and 2 cups whole wheat flour until dough forms. If dough is too dry, add up to 1/3 cup water. If dough is too wet or sticky, add a bit more flour. The dough should be tacky but not sticky.
- Roll out dough on a floured surface until about 1/4 inch thick. Use a 3/4-inch cookie cutter in the shape of your choice to create your treats.
- Place treats on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. When they're slightly browned and crunchy, they're done.
- Allow to cool before serving.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
This recipe comes from Family Circle Magazine.