Got an anxious pupper? Fix up a batch of herbal dog treats to calm their anxiety.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon (tbs) lavender powder
- 1 tablespoon (tbs) chamomile powder
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) baking soda
- 2 teaspoon (tsp) honey
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 3 1/4 cups flour
- Combine dry ingredients: mix the oats, lavender powder, chamomile powder, baking soda, and flour in a small bowl.
- Combine wet ingredients: mix the coconut oil, honey, and milk in a separate bowl.
- Slowly stir in the dry ingredients.
- Once combined, roll mixture into a thick sheet on parchment paper (not wax paper!) with floured hands.
- Use cookie cutters to create a unique shape, or simply cut a grid of small edible rectangles.
- Bake at 350° Farenheit on parchment paper until crispy.
- Serve at room temperature. It may take multiple bones to affect larger dogs.
- Store in an airtight container.
Pair these treats with our previous post on hurricane season preparedness. Recipe sourced from Dogster Magazine. Don't forget to subscribe to our email newsletter for more recipes, articles, and clinic updates delivered to your inbox (here). Or, you can keep up to date by liking and following our Facebook page (here).